ILX RESORTS THEY GET RICH OFF YOUR MAINT. FEE

Issue not resolved

I USED TO WORK IN THE CONTRACTS OFFICE AT THE SEDONA SALES CENTER.THE COMPANY IS SO POOR THAT THEY CANT EVEN AFFORD TO UPDATE THERE ROOMS UNLESS THE STUFF IS FROM IKEA OR WALMART.

THEY RIP YOU OFF AT 17.9% INTEREST AND ROBB YOU EACH YEAR WITH THERE MAINT. FEES. IT DOESNT GO TO FIXING OR REPAIRING ANYTHING. IT GOS TO JOE II AND VP'S OF THE CORPORATION.

JUST LOOK AT THE LAWSUITS.

SO IF YOU RECENTLY PURCHASED AND YOUR STILL IN THE RECCISION PERIOD CANCEL.I dont mean to bash but really.I have inter-company experience and know there game and feel bad for people like you get ripped off.

deb

c361143 review #126264
2 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue0 Comments27 Report
Had an experience with ILX Resorts?  Submit review about this company
Thomas CB F

Feb 12, 2012

The most recent scam attempted on us in January,2012 was being offered an "owner update".
It is really another sales pitch,with the pitch being if you don't cough up over $8,000 additional dollars, and if you were an ILX owner, then Diamond will nonly keep you in their poitns system for a few years.
Then, low and behold , you will havesuch a difficult time using your full week,because the Diamond points sytem will just not have the full weeks available.

Sounds like the same tune with slightly different wording. We couldn't get into our timeshare with ILX, and now Diamond seems the same.

I'd go along with another class action lawsuit.

Especially after the management gave us the " tell me folks", would it really be a financial hardship for you to buy into the points sytem to "enhance your memebership".

Member ship was worth more when I was a kid and caddied at a club--at least they allowed us to play golf on Mondays.

Teresa

Jan 23, 2012

Does anyone have information regarding a class action suit? We are INTERESTED! The fees are astronomical and we want out!

Al

Jan 20, 2012

The maintenance fee is excessive. More than that, you can't even trade your week through II - - -must go through Diamond. I don't understand how they can change that even if Diamond buys the resorts. Diamond told me that if I didn't pay the MF, they would come after me with collections and, at minimum it would ruin my credit rating!

Shelley

Nov 29, 2011

What's this talk of a class action lawsuit? We just got our statement for 2012 and there is no way a weeks timeshare is worth this much money. We will be looking to sell.

David

Nov 29, 2011

Got my 2012 assessment fee notice today.. I'm in for the class action too.

Evidently the new management has changed the agreement terms without ANY input from the owners. I also don't know how the points system works but I do know I didn't agree to it.

hrhq@att.net

Hamlet

Aug 19, 2011

If you want out of your timeshare, I am the answer. Assuming the mortgage is paid off and the MF for this year are paid and the account is in good standing, I can help you. For $1880.00 I can have the deed out of your name in 60-90 days. I am not a listing company and do not sell property on behalf of anyone, I am the buyer! This offer is only good until September 30th, 2011. You would not be responsible for any future MF, and be free and clear of this albatross once and for all!!!

Hamlet @ The Timeshare Group, LLC
407-654-9493 extension 308 or
hamlet@timeshare-group.com

Judy

Aug 16, 2011

My family and I bought a 2 bdrm and feel the same way. the maint fee is ridiculous after you pay so much just to get the place. If there is a class action lawsuit we would love to join. Plus now they have converted to a point system so we can't even get the 2bdrm we supposedly bought 80% of the time because we don't have enough points. That must be illegal!!!

Cody Flecker

Aug 08, 2011

I too own two 2 Bedroom timeshares at ILX. One I paid $23,000, and the other $6000. Now I realize that I cannot even sell these units for $1. There appears to be no value in these timeshares, yet the maintenance fees keep on rising. For $1100 a year timeshare, this equates to $157 per night. That's really absurd, when compared to motel prices in Sedona, or even Las Vegas. If there is a class action lawsuit, please let me know.

LINDA Y. LOWE

Jun 25, 2011

PLEASE INCLUDE THIS DISSATISFIED MEMBER OF ILX RESOERTS PREMIER VACATIONS IN THE CLASS ACTION SUIT ALSO. USING ANY FORM OF COMMUNICATION WITH THEM IS PRACTICALLY IMPOSSIBLE. ANY CORRESPONDENCE FROM THEM IS
EITHER THREATENING OR CONVOLUTED BEYOND COMPREHENSION. HOW DO I CONTACT THESE PEOPLE FOR NEW TERMS UNDER THIS MANAGEMENT BEFORE JUNE 30, 2011? IF ANYONE KNOWS, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT:

MUJERDEMAIZE@GMAIL.COM

MGamez

Jun 13, 2011

Sadly I bought into the scam too in 1994. With maintenance fee's skyrocketing, all I want to do is get out of this mess too. If there is a class action suit to be brought up, what would it include? A way out??
I can be contacted at mgamez1016@msn.com

Deb

May 26, 2011

I really want out of this also. It is just a moneypit. Cant use it or exchange never anything there.

Jennifer

May 21, 2011

We have owned at las abrigados since 1999. sadly we have only used it 2x... and were never able to use banked weeks b/c everytime we tried nothing was available where we wanted to go.... so we have tried to sell for a LONG time and no help... and now with the cost of the fees being so high.. we are behind and i hate the idea of losing all the money we have spent.... i even tried to trade it for a week in a another i own at and they wouldn't even talk about it...
COUNT me IN for any Class action
I can reached at 1sharprn@att.net

MIke

Apr 12, 2011

I paid my fees just to make sure I don't have to pay late fees but I'd like to get out also

mdcf56@yahoo.com

Rsquared

Mar 27, 2011

y2kshark - I have NOT paid my 2011 fees - after seeing a nearly 50% increase - and want to just get OUT of this mess altogether. Yes, I tried to contact Realtors to sell it, and they confirmed what you posted, there is NO value to these properties. What do we have to do to file a class action? :(

Rsquared

Mar 27, 2011

OK all so what do we do? I feel ripped off and Y2KSHARK, you're right, there is absolutely NO - DID I MENTION, NO - resale value for these properties. The 2011 maint fee nearly doubled and I haven't paid yet. so they've sent me a late fee stmt. I just want OUT - no more monthly fees, no more annual fees. Suggestions?

anonym

Feb 09, 2011

y2kshark: I can be contacted at alma.nez@yahoo.com

Want to remain anony

Feb 09, 2011

I am ready to bail too. include me in the class suit

ticked off too!

Jan 18, 2011

We are ready to bail, too. Please include us in the class action suit!

Jeff & Nancy Myers

Dec 28, 2010

It looks more like a 40% increase in the maintenance fees to us. We own 2 weeks and our fees are now over $1400 per year. YES, we are definitely interested in a class action suit. We can be contacted at: najemy@comcast.net.

Iris

Dec 23, 2010

My husband and I bought 1/2 week in Los Abrigados with unlimted passport weeks in 2005. We were able to make limited use of the week through an exchange with Interval and used the passport weeks. But I was getting more and more concerned when I heard that ILX filed for bankruptcy, and now we are shocked about the fee increase and the switch to the point system. Since we live in Canada, the Premiere Club Connection benefits are useless to us. I am not sure how the point system works with Interval, and if I have to pay the 2011 Club Fee. We are at a point where we would like to sell, or just give the it back, but from what I read, they will probably not accept it. We don't want to get ripped off, but neither do I want to get tangled up in a legal situation that may cause problems for me when entering the US. Any suggestions on how to proceed? What will happen if we don't pay the fees? Should I talk to a laywer here in Canada?

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.